Friday, November 13, 2015

Partnership Concept Explained With Examples Video Lecture

In this video I have explained you the concept of Partnership. We know that in any partnership there are investors who invest in the business and their investment is bound by certain terms and conditions. So the profit that is earned at the last is distributed among the investors in the ratio of their investments made including the time period for which their money was invested. The profit that is distributed at the end is different from the revenue generated as the fixed and running costs are first deducted from the revenue and then the remaining amount is distributed.

If there is a profit in the business run by A and B then,

(Amount of investment by A x Time period for which the money is invested)/(Amount of investment by B x Time period for which the money is invested) = Profit of A/Profit of B

Question 1. In a business, X,Y and Z invested Rs. 380, Rs. 400 and Rs. 420 respectively. Divide a net profit of Rs. 180 among the partners.

Question 2. X, Y and Z enter into a partnership with a total of Rs 8200. X's capital is Rs. 1000 more than Y's and Rs. 2000 less than Z's. What is Y's share of the year's profit of Rs. 2460 ?

Question 3. A,B and C invest Rs. 4000, Rs. 5000 and 6000 respectively in a business and A gets 25 % of profit for managing the business, the rest of the profit is divided by A,B and C in proportion to their investment. If in a year, A gets Rs. 200 less than B and C together, what was the total profit for that year ?

Question 4. Divide Rs. 671 among A,B and C such that if their shares be increased by Rs. 3, Rs. 7 and Rs. 9 respectively, the result will be in the ratio 1:2:3

Question 5. A started a business with Rs. 40,000. After two months B joined him with Rs. 60000. C joined them after some more time with Rs. 1,20,000. At the end of the year, out of a total profit of Rs. 3,75,000, C gets Rs. 1,50,000 as his share. How many months after B joined the business, did C join ?

Question 6. Sudhir, Tushar and Uday start a business with Rs. 30000, Rs. 40000 and Rs. 50000 respectively. Sudhir stays for the entire year. Tushar leaves the business after two months but rejoins after another four months but only with 3/4th of his initial capacity. Uday leaves after three months and rejoins after another five months but with only 4/5th of his capital. If the year end profit is Rs. 27900, how much more than Tushar did Uday get ?

Question 7. X,Y and Z start a partnership. The capitals of X,Y and Z are in the ratio of 10:9:6 and the time period of X and Y is in the ratio 2:3. Y gets Rs. 10800 as his share out of a total profit of Rs. 26000. If X's capital was there in the business for eight months, for how many months was Z's capital there ?

Question 8. Ram and Shyam invest Rs. 20000 and Rs. 10000 respectively for a business at the start of a year. In each of the next six months after the first month Ram keeps on removing Rs. 1000 while Shyam keeps on adding Rs. 1000. In the months that remain Ram keeps on adding Rs. 1000 while Shyam keeps on removing Rs. 1000 every month. Chandan joined them with Rs. 25000 three months after the start and continued till the end of the year. What will be the difference in the shares of Chandan and Shyam after a year if the total profit at the end of the year is Rs. 117000 ?

Question 9. A and B start business with different capitals. A was to get 15 % of the profit as salary and the rest was to be divided in the ratio of their investments. Had the entire profit been distributed in the ratio of their investments, B would have got Rs. 1350 more than what he actually got. What is B's actual share of the profit ?

Question 10. X and Y start a joint venture with investments of Rs. 10000 and Rs. 15000 respectively. After 2 months X leaves the venture and Z joins in with Rs. 12000. 3 months later X joins again with 10 % more than his initial investment. Y receives a monthly salary of Rs. 2000 for managing the venture. The remaining profit is divided among the three in the ratio of their investments and Y gets Rs. 60000 in all at the end of the year. How much did X receive at the end of the year ?


  1. Hey harshit how did you got 0.85 for question 9 as I am not getting it..Hoping a reply from you....Thank you

    1. raheen .85 is the multiplying factor because 15 percent of the profit is given as salary so remaining 85 percent is that .85 denotes the remaining 85 percent...

      happy to see you are analysing questions properly....feel free to clear any more of your doubts......

  2. sir please upload video for permutation and combination and propbablity


Add a Comment or Query